Changing the world...takes time, effort, love, campaigning, voting and leading.
This year we have had some real prosocial usefulandkind leaders sharing ideas, lives and projects.
One participant recently said 'I rarely get the opportunity to stop and reflect about how to make the world better with like-minded people - thank you'
We have heard from Laura Darrall (founder of It Affects Me, Chi-Chi Nwanoku (founder of Chineke) and Peter Tatchell the lifetime campaigner.
Here are some tips from these seminars:
1 Tell those whom you love that you do - today listen to people who know more than you
2 Decide what you can do in your personal life to model being #usefulandkind
3 Write to thank the people who have helped you
4 Send a small note or gift to someone you disagree with who has helped you to think in a different way
5 Don't be overwhelmed by how much there is to do try one of the following:
- read a book or give one away
- join Amnesty's letter writing campaign
- sign up to something you are passionate about
- stop and listen
- enjoy the natural world - do what you can to preserve it
Our networking seminars are a great way to meet others who are trying to make the world a better place. Learn form them and get support and encouragement.
We will be planning more - tell us what you would like.
Come and join us
- support prosocial leaders
- stimulate debate
- share best practice
- develop the ideas and practice of prosocial leadership
- inspire through speakers and case studies
- explore historical pro-social leadership to gain inspiration and hope
- be inspirational and practical
- provide reflection, stimulus & energy
- safe reflective space to explore what it’s like being a pro-social leader, being useful and kind in a world that needs it
- where people can speak of and share their journeys
- the personal cost and how you support yourself and each other
We will be developing a whole range of activities.
Plant seeds of hope and of change. At our launch we gave out Angelica seeds.
We are planting seeds metaphorical and literal. A seed needs the right soil and climate, water, nurture, heat and light to flourish and grow into what it can be. Plant some seeds.
This is going to develop into a social enterprise project if you can help us contact us.